Old May 1st 05, 02:13 AM
Mike Coslo

Cecil Moore wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

Time is very real to us mortals, Cecil.

So is God (whether He exists in reality or not).
Question is: Did time exist before man?

It is an interesting question. Certainly life forms that presumably do
*not* have consciousness, such as bacteria, have a beginning, a being
and an end. So is time dependent upon a life form possessing sentience?
If a sentient being such as man is not there to invent the concept of
time, do all those constructs that have a beginning and end cease to exist?

A year is
simply movement, once around the sun. I've been
here for about 40 billion miles around the sun. Is
that time or simply distance?

Years are constructs of humanity. It is simply a convenient method of
marking things that *happen*, such as the position of the stars, which
as it turns out , is a manifestation of the period in which the earth
returns to some initial observation point.

No doubt it is similar to our using base 10 math because we happen to
have 10 fingers.

Am I winding down
because of the years or simply, like my '96 pickup,
because of the miles?

Entropy, My dear Cecil, entropy!

More importantly, as the great sage Homer Simpson asked:

"Can God make a burrito so hot that he can't eat it?"

- Mike KB3EIA -