Old May 1st 05, 03:51 AM
KØHB

"Bill Sohl" wrote

A limit is unconstitutional on it's face, and imposing a limit CAN put you in
jail.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Yet we all know yelling "fire" in a theater is illegal and forbidden by
law.

Abridging freedom of speech means denying a person the right to express their
ideas. Yelling "fire" in a theater (when no fire exists) is not the expression
of an idea, but rather an act calculated to cause panic. The legal sanction is
not against stating the word "fire", but rather against "public endangerment".

I'm sure you can dig up all kinds of laws against "public endangerment", but I
challenge you to find one specifically against yelling "fire".

"Congress shall make no law.... abridging the freedom of speech...."
--Amendment I, US Constitution

73, de Hans, K0HB