Old September 1st 03, 10:52 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:12:08 -0400, "Tarmo Tammaru"
wrote:

In general, the addition of negative feedback to change the output

impedance
does not change the dynamic range.

Hi Tam,

H.W. Bode, of Bell Labs, developed a body of work that proves you
completely wrong. Negative feedback enhances every facet of amplifier
design and to claim otherwise is wholly misinforming.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hi Richard,

Everything, except the output dynamic range. Please go through my numbers.
The equation I gave is for the point at which the amplifier goes non linear,
and there actually is no feedback. There is a large error voltage at the
input, but the amp can't do anything about it because it is already in
saturation. For a 5V input/output and a 1K load the output terminal of the
op amp is already at VCC. A more practical example might have been a 13.8
volt power supply regulator running off 16 volts, with a current sensing
resistor in series with the output. Anyway, it was a rainy afternoon kind
of thing.

Tam/WB2TT