Old April 30th 05, 11:26 PM
David

On 30 Apr 2005 21:27:02 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

You are confusing "Fear" with "Disgust". That also explains how you
confused the CIC with being an idiot. You're looking fairly idiotic
yourself. Give us another example of you idiocy...

-=jd=-

''Disgust is a fascinating emotion. Its elicitors are a puzzle: it
makes sense that we are disgusted by things that can contaminate our
food, but why does this food-related emotion extend itself so deeply
into our social world, so that people feel disgusted by certain ethnic
groups (or by racism), by homosexuality (or by homophobia), and by a
variety of social and moral violations that don’t involve anything
physically contaminating?

Disgust appears to play a role in moral judgment, moral conflict, and
ethno-political violence. Disgust has clinical ramifications, for it
seems to be involved in obsessive-compulsive disorder and in a variety
of phobias. Disgust even has religious ramifications, for it appears
to be part of the psychological foundation of culturally widespread
ideas of purity and pollution. Many religions (e.g., Judaism, Islam,
and Hinduism) have extensive rules for regulating human bodily
processes and keeping them separated from sacred objects and
practices. Disgust appears to provide part of the structure of these
rules and practices.''