Old May 1st 05, 12:46 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

BDK wrote in
:

http://www.vintagetechnics.com/cdplayers/slp1200.htm
VERY NICE, I've never seen this model before.

http://www.vintagetechnics.com/receivers/sa1000.htm
Also a pleasure to look at, no solid black cabinet there, this is exactly
what I mean, they don't make this kind of equipment anymore. Everything
in modern units has been integrated for remote control purposes (never
mind that it's cheaper to manufacture as well, ergo higher profits).

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

I had this one for almost 25 years, a friend has it now, running the
power amp only for the rear surround channels:

Panasonic SA-6500 am/fm receiver (No PIC damnit!)

I bought and then sold a whole bunch more of these. I could get them
for $212 each, plus $5 UPS shipping. I sold about a dozen during my
freshman year of

It was built like a tank, the chassis was almost totally solid
aluminum, and what wasn't was sheet steel. It had the Panasonic name
on the front, but the whole insides were labeled "Technics, by
Panasonic". The only weak thing it had was the sliders for volume,
tone, and balance. They started getting scratchy about 1983 when it
was 10, and got intolerable a couple years later. I couldn't find
those slider pots anywhere.

The green "thermometer" tuning indicator was nice to look at too.