Old May 1st 05, 04:40 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

uncle arnie wrote in
:

I wonder if he knows how to say Quebec?

Originally pronounced qwa beck, or (long A) Ka Beck, it has now morphed
into (short I) Ki beck (as in kite). Amazing how a word can change over
10 years or so.

Anyone worth their muster MUST say (short I) Ki beck, it's infested the
American sportscasters as well. I can't even listen to the Canadian news
shows, since they also have shed ules (schedules), yet their kids go to
school, said as we say it, they don't go to shoe ools.

I once heard that Canadians in general try to be more British than the
British, and the Quebecers try to be more French than the French.

Though they desire to remain neutral in world politics, I thought it
ironic that they didn't want any missile defense to include Canada as
well. This will force the U.S. to protect the northern U.S. borders. I
wonder where the debris would land?

It's a shame when China outstrips Canada concerning the Space Program as
well. Q.V. http://space.about.com/b/a/118894.htm

"Saskatchewan Town Prepares For Launch of Canadian Rocket
CBC News reports that the da Vinci project aims to send the first
Canadian rocket into space, launching from Kindersley, Sask.

The Toronto-based da Vinci team had planned to enter the X Prize contest,
a private space race, with a launch from the Kindersley airport on Oct.
2. The launch was put on hold indefinitely, however, because an important
part of the spacecraft hadn't arrived."

I like Canada, I just don't like condescending Canadians.

Dr. Artaud

http://www.bartleby.com/61/30/Q0023000.html

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...ebec&x=10&y=17

David Wilkins was interviewed on CBC/RCI show "As it Happens". He
doesn't know anything about the country he has been appointed
ambassador to. Nothing. He deflected all questions about Canada,
apparently b/c his qualification for the job is that he is about as
informed as the appointer. He knows no geography, no idea of the
national anthem, let alone being smart enough to turn down an
interview until he gets briefed. Those with low expectations for an
appointee could not have imagined such an idiot in their wildest
dreams.

Oh, and it is important to you if you're an American. Wilkins doesn't
know why. Do you?