Old May 2nd 05, 02:00 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

.. The Empire was used
with the NF-105 receiver,

That was the one I used, now you mention it I remember the model number

as
the NF-105

So you're older than dirt too? g

--
Ed
WB6WSN

I too used a NF-105 with plug-in modules and a gas generator to run
propagation surveys in the hills of West Va. a very long time ago. I
received a first class education about real propagation and comparisons with
predictions. Sure wish I had had a computer.
Since we had a government station wagon (would drop off the generator,
drive ahead to get away from the noise, and take measurements) we were
concerned that the indigenous population might see us as "revenuers." We
never went up a road that had an advertisement for honey.
73 Mac - not quite as old as dirt N8TT