Old November 1st 03, 11:58 AM
--exray--

Moonman wrote:
In article , (Scott Dorsey)
wrote:

One more thing- where can I get a set of tuning tools that includes
the hex drivers for IF can slugs?

Cain Electronics in Hampton, VA still has TV tuning sets.
--scott

Can someone please, please explain to me what you're talking about here. Of
course I know that IF cans have holes in the top through which to turn the
ferrite slugs inside to screw them up or down for tuning purposes. What I
don't know is where to get the tuning wands for old radios (or even if they
are any different from those for new radios, like I presume I might buy at
Radio ****). I also don't know why when the query is made about finding
tuning tools for "IF can slugs" (obviously talking about radios), the
response is the contact an outfit that "still has *TV* tuning sets". I'm
about to start working on three old ('30s and '40s) radios that I bought on
eBay, and I don't have ANY tuning slugs. I also have some old boatanchors
to work on. Where should I get my set of tuning tools?
A somewhat ignorant person

Most alignment tool sets will have a variety of sizes
included...everything from the tiny hex common in later vintage oriental
gear to the larger hex size found in older equipment. The alignment
tool set at RS has (had) 6 or so double-ended tools.
If none are found, Antique Electronic Supply has a wide variety of them
in sets and single.
http://www.tubesandmore.com

-Bill