Old May 2nd 05, 04:53 AM
mydigcam

Beware having Radio Shack do any service. Years ago I sent them a 2004
scanner that needed work. They first quoted $125 which I authorized. Two
weeks later I got a call saying they increased it to $250, so knowing I
could sell it on Ebay for parts I asked for its return. A month passed and I
never got it back. Finally got it back after the local store manager made a
call to the regional service center manager. Apparently the tech who was
responsible for the quote didn't think I would want it back and kept it.
Funny thing was when I got the scanner back it worked perfectly and I was
only out the estimate fee. I'm pretty sure they fired the tech over that
one.

wrote in message
ups.com...

I like the scanners but they need work. Who repairs Radio Shack
scanners other than Radio Shack?