Old May 3rd 05, 12:39 AM
K9VUJ

In article ,
Dick LeadWinger wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 19:49:47 GMT, Ed
wrote:

It looks like it is the pilot lamps after all. Being in series threw
me off when checking the voltage. I had asked in another thread about
where to buy them. Pretty expensive at $3.57 each when regular grain
of wheat go for about 29-cents. Guess I will have to pony up the cash
if I want them from the Kenwood distributor. Wish I could find a
cross-reference.

You could get creative and try replacing them with LEDs of suitable
color, (and with appropriate limiting resister). Usually works, and you'll
never have a bulb go out again.

Ed K7AAT

I took the easy (expensive) way out and ordered them from the Kenwood
west coast distributor. Ordered a service manual while I was at it.
The lamps were almost as much as the manual. :-(

73, Dick - W6CCD

Ditto on lamps for the TS-2000, six for $25.02 plus $8.50 shipping.
Expensive little things.

DJ

--
email: