Old May 3rd 05, 03:11 PM
Cecil Moore

W9DMK (Robert Lay) wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Bats have very good perceptions of change and movement.
No perception of time required.

Depends upon what you really mean by "perception".

I mean there is no need to perceive time. Change is all
that needs to be perceived. We perceive what we label as
time by correlating changes to each other. The perceived
lapsed time between the sending of a sound and the receiving
of an echo is simply the correlation of external and internal
changes by some sophisticated biology. One of the earliest
Greek philosophers, Parmenides, maintained that there was
neither time nor motion, only change.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp