Old May 3rd 05, 09:57 PM
.J.S...

"John Passaneau" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi:
There is a large amount of interaction between the dipoles as they are
tightly coupled to each other.
The shorter or higher frequency are affected more by changes to the lower
frequency i.e. longer dipoles than the lower frequency dipoles are by
changes to the higher frequency or shorter dipoles.

Strange..
I can understand that hanging a long wire next to a short will affect more
than the other way round.

But if they are both up there, I would have thought trimming the long wire
would not change its affect on the short wire much.

So to keep hair pulling to a minimum start with the lowest frequency
dipole,
tune that for the lowest SWR or for resonance and then do the next lower
one.

Ok, thats the order of trimming, but do you install one wire at a time or
all of them at once ?

/JS