Old May 3rd 05, 11:26 PM
Ralph Mowery

".J.S..." wrote in message
. ..
Building something a bit like this :
http://www.hamuniverse.com/multidipole.html

He suggests setting up one wire at a time starting with the longest, is

that
the easy way ?

I would think adding all wires, a bit too long , and then starting the
adjustment with the shortest would be better ?
All the other wires overlap the shortest 100%, so I would imagine later
trimming of longer wires i parallell would not affect the short wire much.

It always bugs me that a length for 80 meters is given to a decimal point.
Also 119.2 feet seems way too short to put you in the packet area of 80
meters. I would think it would be closer to 130 feet or so. Maybe more.
Then you could cut it to length. I am not going to look up the lengths but
you may want to check the other dipoles to see if they are long enough for
the low end of the bands.