Old May 3rd 05, 09:39 PM
robert casey

I do think this is a good idea, and as PBI's go, it is pretty good.
I believe that at some point in the process, advancement should be
gently suggested. I think esprit de corps hinges upon that also.

For some reason, when I read "advancement" above, my first thought
was to encourage the Techs to advance to "general" or "extra".
Then they'd get on HF and then have a reason to join a national
club (ARRL). But that reason is kinda stupid. Upgrading
doesn't mean that you'd have to give up the Tech allocations,
so the Techs could still do local stuff even if they did
upgrade. Not like the old days when a Novice upgraded to
Tech and thus lose the Novice allocations (now THAT was
stupid). Where am I going with this? Damm if I know... :-)

- Mike KB3EIA -

And tks for something to talk about! 8^)

You can say that again. Lately this newsgroup was nothing
except mindless flameage... :-)