Old May 3rd 05, 08:51 PM
Volker Tonn

Default Some notes on using a PCR1000 on SW

schrieb:

With these outboard additions the PCR1000 becomes a much usefull
HF/LF receiver. Not in the league of a "real" SW receiver, but
much better then it comes out of the box.

I found the PCR-1000 on par with the Sony 2010 on HF.
On HF I 'm using a Yaesu FRT-7700 preselector wich has a built-in
attenuator on the PCR-1000 and on the 2010 when attaching a multiple
FD4-antenna. Works like a charm. But the NRD-525 runs circles around them...
Have no problems on VHF/UHF with a Diamomnd discone on the FM
broadcastband in the middle of Berlin/Germany.

Have fun with this toy.