Old May 4th 05, 06:12 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:18:33 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Please someone, see if you can view the page he
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/JS-swr.jpg

Hi Brett,

A most unusual indicator if ever I've seen one (and I've seen many).

What you have (if you can generate enough voltage - it will take about
35-40W of transmit power) is an emergency flasher weakly lighting the
alternate LEDs at an HF rate.

This is with Red LEDs, as I offered in another posting, if you tried
with Blue LEDs, you would need more like 170W to weakly light them.

The 100K is literally useless (as are the 1N914s), and the 1K is a
severe handicap. Once you get past those limitations you will have a
brighter flasher at no big hit to the overall efficiency - if a
flasher is what you want. Mad Man Muntz with his dikes would have a
glorious time trimming back the excess here.

It might sell well to the CB crowd that wants 27 MHz strobing brake
lights. Could even perform better for night time DX than some rear
mounted bumper whips. Perhaps a better use of their linears - as
legal power won't light this circuit.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC