Old May 4th 05, 04:59 AM

Bill Sohl wrote:
"K=D8HB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Dee Flint" wrote
In any activity it would be normal for the "beginners" group
group to be the largest segment. There are always a
lot of people who start activities but then drop out
for a wide variety of reasons.

Astute observation. It would be nice to find a way reduce that

"first
termer" attrition by promoting an atmosphere which reinforces the

reasons
they took the time and trouble to come aboard. To steal an idea

from
marketing, "It's usually a lot easier and cheaper to keep an old

customer
than to identify and recruit a new one."
73, de Hans, K0HB

From the different organizations I've been involved with, I think the
larger beginner "drop-out" is just a truth of human nature. I've

seen it
in scouting, college, classic car clubs, etc. Exactly why newcomers

move
on to other pursuits is one of life's mysteries in most cases.

It's a dirty job but somebody around here had to get to the bottom of
the bottom lines around here eventually.

You did, thankew for putting the cork in it William and g'nite.

.. . . dit dit . . .=20
=20

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK