Old May 4th 05, 06:44 PM
John Smith

Well, I should have stated my goal with this "eccentric device."

I wish an indication of SWR which is cheap, uses fewest parts possible, and
has the possibility of "automatic operation" and one can be placed on each
and every antenna I am playing with (or anything else, maybe one on the bird
fountain! grin)...

I bought a box of these LEDS at a surplus dealer, 10,000 LEDS in the main
box, with 10 sub-boxes, each containing 1,000. They are a yellow/orange
color--unique color to most I have seen...

They seem to handle 20 ma for days on end with no problem--they are VERY
bright at 5 ma (at least as bright as a "standard issue LED" at 10-20 ma)...

The info on the box is as such:
SIEMENS COMPONENTS
Made in Malaysia
LOT NO. 72870422
PART NO. Q6270303638
PRODUCT ID. LY 5436-TO
DVP NO. 2605-9491-01
D/C: 9716
PROD NO. 97700420

I have done nothing but use them, have not even taken time to drop a VOM on
'em and measured the voltage drop across one--they are my favorite for
projects (well, I am cheap and have a FEW of 'em!!!)....

My design criteria a
1) CHEAP!
2) Cheap!
3) Few parts...