Old May 4th 05, 07:23 PM
John Smith

The resistance in the anode circuits of the LEDS only serves as an attempt
at limiting the current through the FWD LED to full brightness (and a
constant current source would best replace this)--and to keep it from
"burning out."

My goals are this:
1) CHEAP!!
2) Cheap!
3) Fewest possible parts...
4) Marginal functionality...

I want to be able to cover the world with these devices (put one on every
single antenna project of mine (even the EH Antenna!!! grin)

I will continue to toy with the design as my time permits....

I am quite willing to suffer the slings and arrows of others, education is
expensive yanno!!! And, I do see most, if not ALL, are saying there is much
more to SWR than at first it seems...

Thanks Reg...

Warmest regards,
John