Old May 5th 05, 02:36 AM
John - KD5YI

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Well, that is how my "meter SWR" which I constructed looks all
right--but I wished to get away having to construct a directional
coupler from tubing and pickup loops...
Only, my (metered) SWR meter uses just ONE pickup loop, I switch
terminating 50 ohm resisistor and take-off ends and use the single
loop for BOTH "FWD" and "REF", with a physical switch--my thinking was
it would keep the device more "balanced" using the same pickup...

A toroidal pickup samples the current at one point. Knowing the
current at one point tells you absolutely nothing about SWR.

Hi, Cecil -

I think he thinks his toroid is a directional coupler.

John