Old May 5th 05, 12:40 AM
Dee Flint

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
Bill Sohl wrote:

From the different organizations I've been involved with, I think the
larger beginner "drop-out" is just a truth of human nature. I've seen it
in scouting, college, classic car clubs, etc. Exactly why newcomers move
on to other pursuits is one of life's mysteries in most cases.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

With many people as soon as the new wears off and their initial curiosity
is satisfied, they move on to something new. Call it a short attention
span I guess.

I disagree and do not believe that it is a short attention span. Life is
rich with possible activities and interests. To sort among them and
determine what you like for the long haul is often best done by sampling the
activity. This means starting and then "dropping out" of some things.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE