Old May 5th 05, 05:47 AM
Cecil Moore

Richard Harrison wrote:

Cecil, W5DXP wrote:
"Knowing the current at one point tells you absolutely nothing about
SWR."

Bird`s Model 43 does not contain a toroid, but it does sample the
current at a single spot.

It also samples a voltage which John's design does not.

I left out a word that I thought was implied. I should have said:
Knowing *only* the current at one point tells you absolutely nothing
about SWR. He is sampling *only* the current and *only* at one point.
Either two current samples, a current and voltage sample, or two
voltage samples are required for an SWR reading.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp