Old May 5th 05, 09:37 AM
Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

"Joerg" wrote in message
om...
Hello Tim,

Just one more thought: I use "living-bug" arrangements almost
exclusively. Every once in a while I cut up some strips so they fit

the
most popular "underbellies" of chips. Then I glue the strips onto the
large panel and the chips on top of the strips in a rider's fashion.
Ground connection can be achieved by slightly bending down a pin, the
rest gets wired up Sauerkraut style like usual. When stray capacitance
is critical I take washed wood strips instead of copper clad. Makes

for
a really nice excuse to eat another Haagen Dasz.

This avoids having to think in reverse pinout and it often looks

nicer,
too. Plus you can still see the "CD4007" on the chip.

Back in the early '70s I got some prototype boards from a company that
made aircraft receivers. They used four push-in pins, one for each lead
of the four corners of the IC. Two of these are usually power and
ground, pins 7 or 8 and 14 or 16. These four hold the chip up off the
board, and the other pins are wired spaghetti style, which I presume is
the same as your sauerkraut style.

Speaking of this.. Last Sunday at our monthly compouter club meeting
someone donated a homemade S-100 system to the consignment table, but no
one bought it, so it ended up on the freebies table later, probably then
into the trash later. It had a chassis and box pop riveted together,
and the S-100 bus was all wire wrapped. A lotta love and time went into
building that way back in the late '70s.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com