Old May 5th 05, 09:45 AM
Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

"John Miles" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Hello Tim,

Just one more thought: I use "living-bug" arrangements almost
exclusively. Every once in a while I cut up some strips so they fit

the
most popular "underbellies" of chips. Then I glue the strips onto

the
large panel and the chips on top of the strips in a rider's fashion.
Ground connection can be achieved by slightly bending down a pin,

the
rest gets wired up Sauerkraut style like usual. When stray

capacitance
is critical I take washed wood strips instead of copper clad. Makes

for
a really nice excuse to eat another Haagen Dasz.

This avoids having to think in reverse pinout and it often looks

nicer,
too. Plus you can still see the "CD4007" on the chip.

Or you can just bend all but the ground pins outward from the base of
the chip (e.g.,
www.speakeasy.net/
~jmiles1/ke5fx/492ap/large/close1.jpg). The pins won't break if you
don't flex them more than once or twice.

Sometimes I'll use a drop of cynaoacrylate adhesive to hold the chip
into place if there are few or no grounded pins, but it's rarely
necessary.

This also works for SOICs and even TSSOPs, as long as you don't bend

the
pins more than once.

-- jm

What's the board in? A receiver? What's it do?