Old September 2nd 03, 01:36 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

I looked back in one of the earlier chapters, where they originally do
reflection, and
using e**(+/-jyz)= cosyz +/- jsinyz they get

V(z)=(V+ + V-)cosyz -j(V+ - V-)sinyz
and
I(z)=Yo{(V+ - V-)cosyz -j(V+ + V-)sinyz}

a V(z)=V1cosyz + V2sinyz
}
}
b I(z)=-jY0V1sinyz + jY0V2cosyz

It says the equation is divided into two independent solutions for voltage
and current. I do not understand it. The brackets encompass both a and b.

Tam/WB2TT

"Dr. Slick" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

No one has really derived the Reflection Coefficient,
either the "normal" or "conjugate" equation. This would
be key to our understanding of when you can use which equation.

What is not understood is how A/C/F got from:

Voltage R. C.= (Vr/Vi)e**(2*y*z)

where y=sqrt((R+j*omega*L)(G+j*omega*C))
and z= distance from load

Voltage RC=(Z1-Z0)/(Z1+Z0) for purely real Zo
or Voltage RC=(Z1-Z0*)/(Z1+Z0)

Even Kurokawa doesn't show us how he gets the conjugate
equation. Email me to get the paper, his notation is confusing.

I have NO problems with the normalized formula,
AS LONG AS Zo IS PURELY REAL.

Nevertheless, even if you do believe the "normal"
equation is correct even with complex Zo, i'd still like
to see your derivation.

And please give us a derivation with VARIABLES ONLY.
The strong temptation to use specific numbers will only
lead us to incorrect conclusions like:

A**B=A+B, because it's true when A and B are equal to 2.

Slick