Old May 4th 05, 06:22 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
homepc wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Yes. While it isn't as bright as a incandescent, it will run
much longer on a single cranking charge. Are you sure it
is a filament bulb and not a LED?

Yes, it has a filament bulb. I'm just wondering if the filament bulb is
interchangable with the LED replacement bulb. I sent an email to Eton, but
they didn't answer yet.

My FR200G has a set of 2/3AA NiMH that are charged
by the hand crank. It will also take 3?AA cells. and accept
+4.5V into an external power port.

The little LED is clear and looks like a "grain of wheat" tiny
bulb. I will check tonight and post if there is any clear give
away that it is an LED.

If yours is a filament bulb, you can't just replace it with an LED.
At the least it will need a seris resistor. Too bad the FR200 doesn't
come with a diagram.

There's some sort of regulator circuitry, as I measured 2.5 volts
across the lamp in mine. Neither battery was at that voltage.

Somebody here in the newsgroup posted about replacing the lamp
with an LED several months ago.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident