Old November 7th 03, 04:40 AM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:50:18 -0600, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

Good and bad news..
I found my capacitance meter and measured the button and it's about 1500 pf.
The bad news is in my posting I transposed red and green and the correct
color sequence is: black, brown, green, red, gold, gray..
Black desigantes military, and 1500 pf by the next 3 but I still need to
know what the gold and gray designate..
Tolerance, temp coeff, and voltage but which 2 are designated and how?. Any
tips appreciated. A spec on this cplr would be appreciated.

Gold = 5%, Silver = 10% and no color = 20% "As I recall"

Can't help on the gray... The ARRL handbooks used to contain all the
color codes for resistors and capacitors. I didn't find any in the
latest version. course I may have just missed them.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
tnx
hank wd5jfr

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I've got a TMC Directional Coupler Unit Model CU 2/50 and my "cheatsheet"
for silver button micas is not to be found. I wonder if someone has one

and
can tell me the capacitance of one that has the following six colors:

black,
brown, red, green, gold, grey. If anyone has a schematic, please let me
know.
tnx
hank wd5jfr