Old May 6th 05, 01:10 AM
John Smith

Ahhh Reg, I am NOT an "inventor", I have to work for a living (boss claims
he pays me for nothing anyway!!! grin)... darn lucky if I can get
"proven" ideas to function properly but, if you think that stops me--think
again!!! wishful-grin

And, you don't have to warn me, from personal experience, ham swaps, ham
friends, observations (not just picking on hams, name another group--they
are there too!)--I realize there are a few which would attempt to patent
sewer water and sell it for profit!!! (old boat anchors too...)

I am quite honest, I want a "simpler" SWR meter (and, that is a problem, all
the ones standing around with $$$ signs in their eyes are too busy or afraid
they will give away a "million-dollar-idea" away to the newbie’s--that is NO
HELP!!! Or, else "swollen egos" just get in the way... it gets tiring
bowing all the time--I have NO time, no one really does grin!)

I don't care if the darn thing is "accurate" or not!!!

I don't care if it can tell me EXACTLY what SWR I have or not (well, being
able to note a ~1:1 is VERY desirable--but just "lowest possible" is
sufficient) EXCEPT to be able to indicate "better" and "worse."

Having to construct "directional couplers" from coax and tubing or pc board
etches just puts me off... I am trying to shave a bit of complication
away--NOT to mention SIZE!... I'd even borrow Occams' old dull razor if I
could!!! grin

And, Cecils offering of the "two lamp" swr indicator is perfect!!! Too bad
I can't think of a way to make it function, easily, for coax (and, the
"lamps" are not "hardened" enough against damage--would have to use LEDS)...

If I find what I am looking for, I'll know it--the most I'll ever do is
build a bunch and give 'em away to my "good-ole CB buddies!" "10-4
Good-Buddy?" grin

Warmest regards,

John