Old May 6th 05, 02:45 PM
Michael Black

"Pipex News Server" ) writes:
See if there is a PCB manufacturer within resonable driving distance and
ask for scraps. That's how I got a huge stash decades ago. Single and
double sided, the good stuff (FR4). But it has to be picked up, in my case
they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of packaging and mailing it.
Basically it had to be no more effort on their part than a walk to the
dumpster would have been.

Mine weren't tinned though. Also, I am not sure if constantly touching a
pre-tinned board during experiments would be too healthy.

===============================
Printed circuit board scraps up to large pieces ,be it usually double sided
, are always available at ham radio flea markets in the various european
countries. I think I have stocked up for life ! From the larger bits you
can make neat enclosures.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Yes, I've been able to get it at the local "surplus" outlet for
thirty years, though I suppose at this point many a location no
longer has such a store.

They often have board that has been drilled, or shaped in a certain
design, clearly overrun or projects that got scrapped. If you
aren't actually etching the board, or if you only need small pieces,
these work fine and cost even less.

Because it's cheap, I've done things like use it for panels on projects.
Circuit board is a easier to work with than metal, yet the copper
provides shielding.

I've even pulled the copper off boards when I need it gone, though
that tends to be tedious. If it's just a small piece, I grind it
off.

Michael VE2BVW