Old May 6th 05, 02:06 PM
Les

mike maghakian wrote:
read these reviews of the RX-340, I don't think that they would say

the 350
and 340 are about the same/////////

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3757

for that matter, read Magnes reviews, I don't think he would say they

are
similar either........

"Les" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill Crocker wrote:
Interested in hearing opinions on Ten-Tec's RX-350D HF receiver.

It's very
expensive, and it doesn't appear to be in wide use.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bill Crocker

I had one for over a year, it had the optional remote keypad and

the
latest V1.15 software update. I thought it was a good receiver,
sensitive, lots of bandwidth choices (34 I think), good audio, good
agc, decent synchronous detector if properly used. The only reason

sold mine was to buy a Ten Tec RX-340. I actually ran them side by

side
for over a month before selling the 350D, not a whole lot of

difference
between the two receivers imho. I think the biggest gripe most

owners
have about it is the seemingly indifference by Ten Tec to updates

on
the software which has a couple of minor (IMHO) bugs.

Les Locklear

Opinions are like assholes Mike, everyone has one and lots of them
stink. I operated both receiver side by side and i stated my opinion.
Magne isn't the end all for receiver reviews ya know.

I know you had a bad experience and seem to have a hard on for Ten Tec.
That is your opinion and right.

Mine differed from yours.

Les