Old May 6th 05, 05:38 PM
John Smith

Ok. I had to go out this morning.
I stopped by a used book store, I found two circuits, using the toroid in a
similar fashion to what I am working with.
What I found is "THE 1989 EDITION 'ARRL HANDBOOK'." ($2 bucks, what a buy,
huh?)

On pgs. 34-9 and 34-10 the similar circuits exist, I have placed them at:
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/swr1.jpg
and
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/swr2.jpg

This should prove as "proof of concept" that an "indicator" using such a
toroid should darn well work! ... at the very least--in the fashion I am
attempting...

swr1 is claimed to handle up to 150 watts, swr2 2KW!

So, now we should all be on the "same page" and, even those "high priests"
of ARRL should NOT be offended!!!!

If anyone is greatly interested in the text of construction
details/article--email me....

Warmest regards,
John