Old November 8th 03, 02:05 PM
BFoelsch

Be sure that the gears are pre-loaded before you mate them. Rotate the two
halves of the anti-backlash gear in the (direction that compresses the
spring) at least one full tooth before assembling the mating gear.

A ball-point pen spring is usually about right.

"TchrMe" wrote in message
Hi all,
Need some advice from someone who has done this. The SX-122 I am

restoring
was missing the springs between the two gears on the main tuning cap. I

think
this was an antibacklash arrangement. I put in some fairly strong springs

I had
but when the mating gear is place against this dual gear there is still

about
1/4" of backlash which make aligning and tuning the rcvr REAL interesting.

Any
thoughts or advice on setting it up? Should the springs be really firm or

soft?
Thanks ahead of time for reading this and replying. 73 Mike KF6KXG