Old May 6th 05, 10:39 PM

From: "bb" on Thurs,May 5 2005 6:51 pm

wrote:
From: "bb" on Wed,May 4 2005 4:13 pm

wrote:
From: "K0HB" on Tues,May 3 2005 5:59 pm

etc

It's awful. Those olde-tymers just CAN'T understand
why all the newcomers DON'T worship the olde-tymers'
ideals of long ago.

Hell, I'm OLDER than most of them and I STARTED on
HF...but NOT doing a bit of "CW." :-)

And so they still search for the answer.

So far, all I see is RATIONALIZATION for the
alleged efficacy of morse code. LOTS and LOTS
of old-style BS that went invalid around 1950
or so.

For the BRAINWASHED, their "search" is ONLY
through the olde-tymer's Rah-Rah on how "CW
gets through when nothing else will..." :-)
They can't think any different...the conditioned
thinking (fancy word for brainwashing) is too
strongly embedded.

The answer will only be
meaningful if they work hard for it (uphill both ways).

Oh, it's MUCH more than that! Example -

"Work HARD [at ham radio] to show DEDICATION and
COMMITMENT to the 'amateur community!'" :-)

That's a typical conditioned thinker output,
imagining they are part of some "service" to
the nation, a "corps" a la some military force.

It's all ARTIFICIALITY, this group-think. Amateur
radio is a HOBBY, a recreational pursuit involving
radio, done for personal pleasure. Brainwashing
(by guess who) has conditioned the mental activity
of many that it is much more than a "mere" hobby.

So...the conditioned thinkers allow themselves to
be led into an imaginary state of "importance"
and "service" to justify their having fun with
their radio sets. They perceive themselves as
"better" than other humans/citizens and are
therefore "superior." [some NEED that self-applied
tag of "superior"]

Sufficient
time must pass for them to forget what you or I have said, and for

them
to arrive at the answer independantly.

Not for those morsemen who won't give in until the
morse key is pried out of their cold, dead fingers.

Some just cannot go along with reality.

To borrow from Edison: 100% perspiration, 0% inspiration.

Well, not quite that exaggerated on values... :-)

But darn close! :-)

Does definitely NOT work for those olde-tyme
morsemen locked into the standards and
practices of seven decades ago...they're
still scratching their balding heads wondering
why the rest of the radio world gave up on "CW."

Maybe one day, once they forget that you told them why already,

they'll
arrive at that answer independantly, too.

I'm basically an optimist that a few will see and
understand. Unfortunately, too many are stuck in
their own ego-boo (self boasting) of "excellence"
at morsemanship that they cannot possibly see
the rest of the world.

The rest of the radio world HAS given up on morse
code. None of them in that great big outer world
"needed to learn CW" in order to show them it was
too slow, too error prone to be worth applying to
REAL communications. Once, long ago, when there
was NOTHING ELSE in radio, morse code was good.
None of the morse proponents were ever alive in
those long-ago days so they can't speak of personal
activity of such morsemanship.

Amateur morsemen just cannot be convinced of any
of that. Most live in the fantasy that this new
millenium is still using the standards and practices
of the 20s and 30s..."keeping the 'tradition'" and
all that while they refuse to learn what today is
all about.

Several things are operative with these morsemen:
The strongest of them ARE skilled at morsemanship
and they have a NEED to be recognized for that...
much more than just being satisfied by themselves.
They MUST have many giving them honor and respect
for their accomplishments. They will prioritize
their skill as "above" any newcomer and thus will
demand adherence to what they had to meet long ago;
forget trying to change regulations with them.
Some are just so brainwashed that it may be beyond
medical science to get them to see reality.

Mix all of those together (in various parts) and
there's the "we're better than you 'no-coders'"
nyah-nyahs because they fancy themselves as "REAL"
hams. Homeboy stuff, "turf" staked out, and da
boys in da 'hood are ready to FIGHT all that don't
agree with their "superiority."

So, we've got FLAME WARS in here.

Not only that, we get re-runs of tired old cliches
or the anonymous middle-schoolers who love to
be kids again so they can cuss out others with
NO sense of civility or comportment. A few of
those (such as Barnabus Blowhard...or whatever
IT is) making like some not-quite-funny Miss
Manners chiding all the other children. :-)

Well, they have their imaginary universes
locked up in their heads. They seem to be
happy in their status quondam...

I give up.

Never give up! :-)

Of course, for those of us doing OTHER things
(like trying to work with Win32 APIs and actual
electronic hardware designs NOT written up in
QST), there isn't enough time left to play with
the adolescents "serving" in the mighty fifth
branch of the military...the Archaic Radio-
telegraphy Society (ARS), a "service to the
nation!" :-)

I salute all them...one finger at a time...