Old May 7th 05, 07:11 PM
Roy Lewallen

While there's nothing wrong with this kind of approach when you're
making one of something for your own use, the resulting design isn't
likely to be useful to others because of the slim chance of someone else
being able to make a copy work.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

John Smith wrote:
Yes. I frequently find I overtax a components max. ratings (the smell of
burnt electronics is an acquired taste, like tobacco smoke and beer
grin)... I tend to pick up large quantities at auctions and surplus
outlets... replacing "sane design methods" with brute force and the
wholesale slaughter of un-counted components...

And, one should use caution with my labeling of components--I have boxes of
silicone diodes which are "similar" to 1n914's--and pounds of mis-valued
resistors/caps (the manufacturers just don't realize the value of a resistor
marked as one-ohm--when the actual value is one meg-ohm!!!)

"Whatever works!" sometimes becomes, "A list of what doesn't work!"

Quite often, the answer lies in "what I haven't tried..."

I don't expect all to be able to appreciate my "methods"... but, it breaks
the monotony of having to be so precise--which my field places upon me...

Warmest regards,

John