Old May 7th 05, 06:50 PM
Gary S.

On Sat, 7 May 2005 13:03:33 -0400, (Padraigh
ProAmerica) wrote:

I work for a PCB manufacturer. All scrap has to be accounted for, and is
then sent for recycling (copper is costly). I've managed, over the last
couple of years, to get hold of some pieces of scrap, but these are few
and far between.

For cleaning boards, we use a sulfuric acid and pumice scrub. That last
part should be doable at home (I certainly won't be messing with reagent
grade sulfuric at home!). Maybe using previously mentioned lemon juice?

Basic white vinegar from the grocery store is a reasonably safe acid
to work with. Cheap to experiment with different concentrations, and
probably stronger than the lemon juice, certainly less expensive.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA