Old May 8th 05, 12:06 AM
lsmyer

So what? If China wants to make knockoffs of US and European cars, then
that's their business.

One of the first lessons I learned in radio many years ago is that there are
no original ideas. Truly creative people can reverse engineer a product and
make it even better or produce it for less money. Here in the US, we have
our own copyright laws. In China, they have their own legal system. If they
want to make what we consider illegal copies, then that's up to them. And
while I am glad I live in the US, I don't agree with the greedy attorneys of
the RIAA and MPAA who go way too far enforcing US copyright laws without
being able to view fair use through common sense-colored glasses once in a
while.