Old May 8th 05, 09:20 PM
jamoran

Default apco 25 and AOR 8200 MIII

have an AOR 8200 M-III receives EVERYTHING...no gaps between about
500khz (am radio) and about 2Ghz (2,000 mhz)

have noticed that some agencies I like to listen to have switched to
800mhz (866-861 and 866-869 mhz)

I know the AOR-8200 does accept slide in option cards for tone
elimination, audio recording, and memory expansion

is ther ealso a card that decodes th APCO-25.. I have noticed several
agencies that have gone to the 800mhz systems only a portion of the
communications is audiable as analog, the rest is hash noise....or APCO-25

the one thing I dislike about APCO-25 is it allows dishonest government
agencies to perpetuate their dishonesty without it being known...
when in the clear, if someone heard something not entirely kosher, they
could call the news media and spark an investigation.....

now you can have "Boss Hogg" and sheriff "Roscoe" run the county and its
easier for them to get away with their antics