Old May 8th 05, 11:25 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 8 May 2005 08:07:01 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:
I seem to get A LOT more responses which point out what does not work, and
not what WILL work... and, while that IS a help... not quite what one most
desires on his trek though life...

Hi Brett,

Well, it is difficult to compliment one for losing the race. In the
Navy we had a saying about "attaboys." It took 1000 of them to get a
"job well done" and one "aw****" to erase all the attaboys you had.

Now for the attaboy, it's nice to see that you have finally divorced
the extra diodes.

Another attaboy, it's nice to see that you divorced the common cathode
path.

So enough patronizing and back to reality.

What are the capacitors for? If R is too large, then they will shut
off the diodes (this is called a clamp circuit for very good reason).
If the R is too small, you won't see the flicker anyway.

What are the extra resistors/constant current devices for? The
constant current device bridged by a smaller resistor (I must presume
they are the standard 50 Ohmers) is self defeating.

And what is with the connection between the inner line, coil middle,
and common for?

I note you reserve the rights, to what? a self extinguishing Power
indicator?

Yeah, you guessed it: aw**** at least once if not three times (poor
form when they outnumber the attaboys).

73's