Old May 8th 05, 11:27 PM
Mr. Null

buy any scanner and give the manual to a 10 year old kid, and have them
program it for you

geez.........a PRO-2006 complicated?

WTF!!

"Bruce W.1" wrote in message
.. .
What's a good simple scanner for VHF and UHF?

Let me clarify that. I used to have a Radio Shack Pro 2006 scanner.
Whenever I got around to using it I couldn't figure it out and had to read
the manual again.

I'd like to be able to turn it on and just enter a frequency, period. A
tuning knob for the VFO would be nice too, so I could easily search
around. This feature is more common on a communications receiver, which
is maybe what I need. But I don't see any reason why a scanner couldn't
have a knob too.

It doesn't need to have a gazillion memories, ten would be fine. And it
would be nice if the memories could be labelled (alphabetic). It should
not have an internal lithium battery (for the memory) that dies every five
years, unless it's easily replaced (not soldered on to the circuit board).

And lastly, it doesn't need to be a new current model. It could be twenty
years old, so long as it has a good solid circuits.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for your help.