Old May 9th 05, 12:47 AM

Dr. Artaud, that "copper pipe in coantact with the CPU" is a heat pipe.
It will conduct more BTUs/caleries/joules of heat then an equal sized
piece of silver. As a matter of fact I think it is about 50 times more
effective. It has a liquid, alchol most commonlly, that evaporates and
carries the heat to the far end where the vpaour condenses, giving up
the heat. I have one slavaged from a defunct laptop this will carry a
much
larger heat load then I expected.
Edmonds Scientiffic used to carry them and may still. A very
interesting
way to move heat in a dense package without "moving", or active parts.
Terry