Old May 9th 05, 05:06 AM
Dave Heil

From: "Dee Flint" on Wed,May 4 2005 8:00 pm

The ARRL has fought and continues to fight to protect our spectrum,

hardly

the action of a "mutual admiration society".

Tsk, tsk, tsk..."protecting [your] spectrum"...

The 40 meter issue then sounds like the "24 years war"
in "fighting to protect" since it went UNresolved from
1979 to 2003...

The issue has been resolved, old fellow, and implementation is in progress.

Look at 60 meters...ARRL "fought" to get FIVE
CHANNELS?

Don't let it keep you up nights, Leonard. You aren't able to access them.

It is all too apparent that you speak from preconceived notions and
haven't bothered to get involved.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. My "preconceived notions" are the
result of about 55 years of observation, talking to
many other radio amateurs, seeing/hearing what others
have to say, etc., etc.

You've been a bystander for 55 years. That doesn't make you an expert
on the ARRL. As far as your "talking to many other radio amateurs":
What do you mean "other radio amateurs". You aren't a radio amateur.

You want it to be different? Get in there and do the work to change

it.

Oh, that's too hard you say.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now you are getting a mite hostile.

ARRL is IN CONTROL of what the ARRL DOES...

Another in your series of masterful statements of the obvious, Len?
Who knew that the ARRL is in control of what it does?

...and, by
all the possible objective observation, the BoD acts
like they are the Elite who Know What Is Good For All
...because that is what the BoD likes.

You really have little idea how the ARRL works, Leonard. The ARRL Board
of Directors takes action. Members of each Division have input to their
Director. The Director's vote on any issue is not likely to please all.
If enough of the League members in any Division disagree with the votes
of their Director, they may vote him out.

Then you are just a parasite waiting for some
one else to do the work so you can benefit without having contributed.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now you ARE getting hostile!

Ooops, I forgot...the Elite KNOW What Is Good For
Everyone! All should OBEY the Elite...

How does the Elitist position of the ARRL "encourage"
anyone to enter amateur radio? Learn morse code?!?

Dee...I was WORKING IN HF 52 years ago and NEVER had
to know any morse code then, nor in all the years
that followed in my engineering career.

Then again, fifty-two years later and you still have no HF amateur radio
license. In fact, you have no amateur radio license of any kind.

In EVERY
other radio service in the USA, government included,
morse code is GOING or was NEVER CONSIDERED for ANY
communications. The ARRL still champions morse code
as the "requirement" for "working below 30 MHz" as
a radio amateur.

....and, as you've read many times before, thousands of radio amateurs
use morse daily. It seems not to matter to those ops that other
services aren't using more code.

Hello? Can you NOT recognize how OUTMODED the notion
of "requiring" morse code testing as a "qualification"
is?

It is obvious that large numbers of licensed hams do not recognize your
"facts".

Dave K8MN