Old May 9th 05, 10:22 PM
KØHB

wrote

1. Average monthly paid circulation by type:
Association, individuals who are ARRL members 138,137
Subscribers, institutions such as libraries, etc. 816
Net single copy sales, radio stores, etc. 1,481
*includes 20,233 Life Members 140,434

Simple addition It corresponds exactly with their claim of

"Average paid circulation for the six months ended December 31, 2004 = 140,434"

No "glaring error in arithmetic" that I can see!

More importantly, there's NO statement on how many
households have more than one ARRL member so it is difficult
to quantify Hans' CLAIM of "wrongness."

Not difficult to quantify at all, Len. From the same page you cut-and-pasted
from we see that "American Radio Relay League membership, December 31, 2004 =
151,727", and from your cut-and-paste we learn that 138,137 copies were mailed
to members (includes life members). Then by simple subtraction we can "quantify"
that 13,590 members did not receive their own copy of QST, ergo, there are
13,590 ARRL members who live in the same household with another member who DOES
receive a copy of QST.

Sunuvagun!

Reality doesn't care what Len believes.

ZBM2,