Old November 12th 03, 09:50 AM
Ed Price

"TchrMe" wrote in message
Hello all,
I was recapping my S-106 earlier today and discovered the insides of the
original bottom cover has an exposed layer of asbestos! Since it is solid

and
not crumbling except alittle near the edges, I took it outside and sprayed

it
with a clear lacquer to seal it. How have others dealt with this?
I was also wondering about the need for the asbestos in the first

place. I
don't think the bottom components get very hot, but halli engineers

wouldn't
have spent the money if it wasn't needed. Maybe this radio was designed to

be
on for long periods of time. Any thoughts?
73 Mike KF6KXG

How did you manage an eyeball chemical analysis?

Ed
wb6wsn