Old May 10th 05, 04:54 AM
David Eduardo

Correction... should have said "radio company" and not "media company."

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"Steve Sobol" wrote in message
Cooperstown.Net wrote:

Never forget that satellite radio is *hometown* radio. It brings
the
best
of the culture, seven jazz channels for example, to every community in
America.
Including the "flyover" communities whose limited commercial potential
makes
them irrelevant to terrestrial media elites.

You have a very odd definition of hometown.

I suppose if you're listening to XM and are from San Antonio, Texas, it's
"hometown" radio because that's where Clear Channel's corporate
headquarters
are. :P Or if you're in NYC and listening to Sirius.

At any rate, "beamed down from a bird in orbit thousands of miles above
Earth"
doesn't qualify as hometown radio as far as I'm concerned.

And you forget who owns the satellite companies... "terrestrial media
elites."
At least here in the US. (OK, that's true of XM for sure... not sure
about
Sirius's corporate pedigree, but the people in charge are from large
communications companies...)

Steve,

Clear now has less than 1% of XM; they never were more than 5% to 6%
before
the dilution of equity due to the constant issuance of more stock to pay
for
the huge losses. No other media company has any position in XM... the
biggest players are car manufacturers and mutual funds.