Old May 10th 05, 06:46 PM
Doug McLaren

In article ,
John Smith wrote:

| Where have you been all my life? If you are taken, do you have
| sister which are single? grin

Translation: if you're a female, and in ham radio or some other male
dominated hobby, better hide your sex, or people will do this sort of
thing. I realize that you're kidding, John, but even so, it runs the
women off, fast.

Answer to the question ...

You might be able to work the ISS with your setup right now. Except
that it's always in packet mode nowadays ...

But beyond that, you ought to be able to work many of the low Earth
orbit satellites just by adding a directional antenna. The Arrow
Antenna 2m/70cm antenna is very popular for that, or there's a number
of sites out there with instructions for making similar antennas.
Google is your friend.

--
Doug McLaren,
$__