Old May 11th 05, 01:21 AM
Gregg

Behold, Kenneth Grimm scribed on tube chassis:

On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:43:18 -0700, Gregg wrote:

Behold, Kenneth Grimm scribed on tube chassis:

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:45:21 -0400, William Mutch
wrote:

I'm looking for a manual for the BC-221 frequency meter. In
tracing this thru the BAMA site I reached a downloadable 1 meg file
which turned out to be just a high resolution image of the cover of
the manual. Is the useful information about the unit stored elsewhere
under a different filespec ??

What you discovered was not a high resolution image of the cover of
the manual, but rather a 38 page manual in djvu format. Do you have
the djvu plug-in installed in your browser? If so, the control panel
just above the "cover" will allow you to page through the manual. Hope
this helps.

Ken K4XL

Out of curiosity, why djvu instead of pdf?

Fair question.

BAMA is a voluntary, cooperative effort. If someone submits a bunch of
gif, jpg, png or other format, individual page images, I am happy to put
it into pdf format. However, if someone submits a manual in djvu
format, that is the way it goes onto the server.

A careful reading of the BAMA site will reveal that I am very unhappy
with djvu because of support issues and encourage those who contribute
manuals to use pdf or raw image files. Still, there are those who
prefer djvu because of the phenomenal compression that it is capable of.
If they send me a manual that fits the BAMA mission, I'm certainly not
going to refuse it because it is in djvu format.

BAMA continues to grow because folks are willing to go to the trouble to
scan and share their manuals. I'm not about to do anything to
discourage that! 8*)

Ken K4XL

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at
http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com FTP site
info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr

Thanks! :-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca