Old September 2nd 03, 07:44 AM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Well, Cecil, I think we're zeroing in on the flaw in your perception of
how the powers add.

I don't see how this thread is relevant to the treatment of powers in
lossless lines. Perhaps you have misunderstood what I said.

A number of people have been trying for a long time to convince you
there's a flaw in your logic, but so far you haven't been able to see
it.

If there's a flaw for lossless lines with purely resistive characteristic
impedances, please present it. So far, nobody has. Here's what I said in
my magazine article on my web page"

"For the purpose of an energy analysis involving *LOSSLESS* transmission
lines, we do not need to know anything about the source or the load or
the length of the transmission lines."

I'm quite sure that if you look carefully at any text where the author
subtracts "reverse power" from "forward power" to get total power, that
somewhere prior to that the assumption is made that loss is zero and/or
the line's characteristic impedance is purely real.

Of course, that's why my previous assertions have been only about lossless
lines. Do you happen to have a lossless example that proves my concepts
about lossless lines are wrong? I have no concepts about lossy lines
except that they obey the conservation of energy principle.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp