Old May 11th 05, 06:10 PM
Jim Kelley

John Smith wrote:

... and I should have pointed out, "There is nothing wrong with women like
that..." Just stops everyone from confusion and being able to claim, "I
didn't know he/she was like that!"

However, I am involved directly in technical classes at a jr. college... the
ratio of women to men is VERY LOW at higher classes--this is fact--not
fiction--and my comment was more to that area... pointing out that
technical minded men just might miss female colleges...

... indeed, I think a sexist comment would be one discouraging women from
certain areas of society--not encouraging them--and pointing out they are
desirable to have there... or, a condensending/shallow/protectionist
comment for womens' benefits...

Warmest regards,
John

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln