Old May 11th 05, 05:27 PM
Joel Kolstad

Thanks Michael, that's a very colorful career you've had.

I was
laid off when my health no longer let me work overtime, even though I
did more in an eight hour shift than any two other people on the line.

If you still had some supervisors "on your side" who were willing to go to bat
for you, you might have had very good prospects with a lawsuit based on the
ADA? I'm sorry to hear your company ended up being run by folks who couldn't
see the forest for the trees (or even the broad side of a barn for their
sitting in the outhouse); it's an unfortunate trend in many companies
(especially as they become larger), and I tend to agree with people who
suggest it's often due to technical companies being run by business school
majors (without any engineering experience whatsoever).

---Joel