Old May 12th 05, 01:09 AM
gb

"Little O'Me" wrote in message
rdnews.com...
Greetings to all the resident knowledge in this group.

I am trying to figure out what HF antenna I have. I bought it at an
estate sale. It was mounted in the ground, without radials, but
connected to a ground rod in the ground alongside the antenna. It was
"at the beach", so while it is in overall pretty good shape there is
some corrosion in places, and the UV has gotten to a couple of other
places. I have gotten it on the air, and it covers 80-6 meters. I am
hoping to be able to get a manual and perhaps some replacement parts.

It is SIMILAR to an R7, but it is not an R7. The key points are that
it does not have the base or middle radials, the matching network is
different, the mounting is different and this covers 80-6 meters. It
does have the stubs like an R7, however. I have searched CushCraft,
Hustler, HyGain and Gap, and it does not appear to be a product made
by any of them, based on online manuals of past and present models.
Here goes the description, and I hope someone can point me in the
right direction.

[SNIP}
73,

Rick, WM6M

Rick -

It sounds like you are describing"open coils" (and not enclosed traps)
Sounds like the Bencher HF9VX which is 80 through 6 meters and stands about
26 feet tall. It does not require radials IF the CPK Capacitive
Counterpoise Kit is used.
http://www.bencher.com/hf9vx.html

Manual for 1997 to Present model:
http://www.bencher.com/pdfs/00408IZV.pdf

Manual for earlier model 1989 to 1997 (used HF-6 as base)
http://www.bencher.com/pdfs/00233IZV.pdf

Bencher any replacement parts you may need (about 5 miles north of my QTH).

w9gb